Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricanes in America and Asia




None of you will know this until right now, but I am a big weather nut. And one of my favorite types of weather to research is hurricanes. As you might be aware, Irene is doing so nasty hits along the east coast, and will continue to for a couple more days. Just in case you have forgotten, Irene was part of the 2005 Atlantic basin hurricane season. The same season Katrina was a part of. Now, I don't have much to say about these kinds of things, except the hurricane itself is fascinating, but I feel scared for the people who must ride it out. Now, if it were to hit my ex's house, and leave everyone else alone, then I might not worry so much. (God, forgive me for that quote >.>)

What the Weather Channel and several other networks fail to tell you is that Asia is having quite a season themselves. As you can see on the far right, you can see one trying to form."Storm Talas" is just doing its own thing, and as of now, you can only hope that's all it does. However, one on the left side has a different objective. "Super Typhoon Nanmadol (Mina)" is raging through the Philippines at sustained winds of 150 mph. Just six miles shy of our equivalent Category 5. One of the reasons I bring this up is because a couple of our Guild members from PangYa! lives in that very country. As if this wasn't frightening enough, sources say that this typhoon is barely moving. Meaning, anyone who is getting hit are feeling massive damages more than it should because it isn't moving at all.

Now, I personally only felt a small impact of one of these things named "Hurricane Ivan" in 2004. So with extra winds, and heavier rainfall, I can only imagine the terror from the significant threat I felt. I just ask you pray for all these guys, and try to lend them your spiritual support. Everyone who sees these have to face them every year, and it really sucks. So, try to be supportive, and just hope for the best here in America, and those living in Asia. Thanks~

No comments:

Post a Comment