Thursday, October 20, 2011

Meow, troll, meow. Wait, what??

I've been looking for some inspiration to write for awhile now, but this was just begging me to troll this.

Japan had an event last year where; every 50 Cash Points (CP) you spent, you received 50 of the then rare Neko Aztecs, and if you spent 300CP, you got the Neko Paw club set. Even past 300CP, every 50CP you spent after, you kept getting Aztecs.

Now it was our turn to rip people off. And what better way than to post a flier such as this -


Now, I personally am not up to date on the news, but ummm, I thought we were kind of in a recession. I thought the $6 lolboxes were pretty funny, I thought the $20 Pajama sets were hysterical, and the $20 Papel in Japan.... good grief. Now mind you, this is only obtained by accumulating, not spending. So, you could spend $40 on a couple thousand replay tapes, or be a idiot and spend it on Gacha, and the clubs are as good as yours. However, there's a couple very obvious flaws for this event. One; Japan was promoting it for you to spend at least $30, not $40. There's no incentive in between 0 and 40. You spend $5, you get nothing. Spend $100, and you get a club set, and made a couple worhtless, greedy GM's very happy. 

To make matters much worse, the event only lasts for 11 days, and is being sold in an awkward time where people just got their paychecks the week before, and probably well spent it by now. Even from a stratigic sales perspective, that's insane. Where Halloween is just around the corner, every bit of your money is to go out and enjoy the holiday, and probably bought your necessities on the game already. And there retarded enough to believe that they can milk you for a penny more. Strategically, you could possibly get them. If your someone like me who don't have money growing on a tree, then you tend to work around the system. 

However, the name of the clubs is completely bastardized from the original name. No doubt, a tactic to cash in on a character they know you'll buy it for just for the name alone. And also, I already have the clubs elsewhere. So, bite me Bawkzie, your life fails.

I might be able to get close to the $40 mark, if not, on it. But that's only because I see something quite hot, and I want it at all costs. Touhou can wait next month. But Halloween is something I enjoy, and PangYa! makes it kind of fun, when the GM's are playing dead. That's my lawls for now. I'll be back soon~

2 comments:

  1. I need to join the event!!! ahrr so bad, I'm busy on my works! TwT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best of luck. I know I would want them, but 40,000 Points for a club set doesn't seem quite worth it. I could get a Touhou game for that price. >w>

    ReplyDelete