Thursday, April 18, 2013

YouTube drama

I have a bone to pick with someone, because its been pissing me off for a few days now, and I really want to get this off my chest. Can you even believe its not a whole company either? Just one, single person?

Up and coming YouTube Partner, medraut567 is a pretty cool cat. I found his content entertaining, found his Pokemon Creepypasta to be a fun to kill time. He seems like a legitimately good person all around. Someone who I would love to personally hang out with.

That is, until a couple days ago. When he brought up some Q&A's for his fans, about a third of that consisted him explaining why he would pronounce the word color, "Col-ore". Short and sweet answer to this is because of European writing differences. How it is actually written is "Colour", but the word has since been basterdized by the Americans by their laziness.

This is all true by the way. I went and researched this so I could have better insight. Sure enough, there is a plethora of words that follow the same rules. Either an extra letter taken out, or an extra one put in.

I felt like I should give them a psudo-link to Wikipedia, so others could see it too. The part that pissed me off was the fact people were getting so butt hurt over the fact he pronounced it "wrong" and thought I could give a little support for him to hopefully shut one person up. I begin to write;


At the time, I didn't fully see how hypocritical that sounded, but I just wanted to show my support and help him. He would then come back to reply;


That pissed me off for a couple reasons. One being he was completely shunning my help because it seems like he wants to do it on his own. And second because he would be gutsy to say he gave an entire lesson on the matter, when in fact, he only used a couple words for example. If you're going to say that, don't say "Colour & Honour" is justifiable to be enough to be a whole lesson.

So, moving forward, I saw the error in MY comment, completely skipping over the fact he just ignored and destroyed my entire comment. I proceeded to reply, saying;


I established an apology, hoping we can still have a good interacting relationship later. I apologize for being a hypocrite, but the rest I stood by what I said. Several minutes later, he replies;


Not only has ignored my comment, help, apology, and support, but now he's schooling me on the obvious. I grew up in America, so I should know that being grammatically correct is important in all aspects in life. America, Germany, England, Philippians, Japan, Egypt, even friggen Iraq. It's important to learn how to spell correctly, and be a grammar freak at the same time. I'm not saying I'm the best. There's probably a handful of mistakes in this entry already. But, at least I know its important to be careful in how you write.

So, a little tweaked at this point, I decided to contact him personally, via email. The goal I had in mind was to show him I was not trying to go against him, and I just wanted him to understand I was trying to be helpful so others might understand why he says or spells things differently then we do, and hopefully stop a person or two from trying to troll. Accidental or otherwise. The letter went as followed;


I think I did pretty well getting my point across without sounding hostile. Not like I was trying to begin with. This, unfortunately is where this ends, because he didn't even say boo back to me. Considering I posted this a half hour after the last comment, my respect for him was shooting down the drain pretty fast. Its because of crap like this I have a hard time watching videos from some that entertained me so fondly before. When you can't even get off you high horse just to acknowledge me for helping, or at the very least, accept my damn apology.

People that know me knows I am brutally honest when it comes to something I feel uneasy about. This dude may have problems in his life, and I do feel sorry for him. However, I don't care if your inches away from death. You piss me off, and I'll counter back letting you know you pissed me off.

Maybe he'll contact me soon, and that would be fine. Even if he ignores everything I write again, at least he replied, and that's all that matters. But until that day comes, I'll see him no differently than all the other asses I pick on on here. Because you just don't do that. That's just immature and wrong. 

See you soon~

1 comment:

  1. There is a difference between outspoken and a smug jackass. Sadly, you haven't figured that out yet.

    Because you felt compelled to stir the pot, drama unfolded. So, it's your fault this mess started with him in the first place. And over something as insignificant as the spelling difference between American vs. UK English? Really?

    When you finally gain the maturity and common sense to let the small things pass by you, you'll find the drama won't be there nearly as much. Going by your rants and hobbies, you're going to have a very long, very stupid road ahead of you.

    Time to grow up.

    ReplyDelete