Monday, January 16, 2012

Lucky Pouches = the death of PangYa! boo-hoo *insert sarcasm*



Nearly three years since the rise of Ntreev; now GameRage, and after the recent cry of foul play, I think it's time for them to take their money and run. This past Wednesday saw the release of the 2011 Pouch from Gacha, which promises to always be a ton of goodies waiting for anyone who's willing to fish out $6. However, most are at wits end with this event, as some are claiming it to be the worst drop rates in history of Ntreev's takeover.

This is where I say to you; PangYa! is a dying game.

Since the release of Gacha and Lucky Pouch, many throughout the years have been taking notice to an already over saturated rich company getting richer by deliberately spiking the odds of most sets, making it near impossible for some to even win. The very first release saw a lot of people fishing three digit figures only to win a couple rares, and even none at all. It has been reported in one forum by Loki, quote

"We are not allowed to give the exact odds, but I can tell you it's about 1/8."

This has been dis-proven multiple times, as players take it into their hands to find out the odds for themselves. The average comes out to be 1/22, or about $40. During two times events, the odds are also tallied and guessed. Most of which are dropped down to 1/19, or a little over $30. Lucky pouches are really hard to pin, because everyone will not have the same odds twice. You will hear some saying they won it on their first try, and most will say they spent hundreds of dollars to barely win anything, if any at all.

This time around seems outrageous, as most are saying they're striking rich at about $60+ for one rare. And this is my only theory because I can't be bothered to go on a troll hunt. Remember the start of PangYa! March 2009, how the GM's made it seem like they were your best friends, and did anything they could to making your gaming experience more enjoyable, only to turn it around and betray everything you had a few months later?  Since the start of GameRage, I noticed they were doing the same thing. I spoke to my mother about this when it began and said "How much you want to bet they'll expect something in return." And apparently I was correct. Only instead of backstabbing the players, they decided to strike your wallet. And apparently they're doing it hard this time. And don't let Winshley, Candygirl, Vileplume (forum name), Sweatdrop, and anyone else of high stature tell you otherwise. They're in close contact with the GM's, and would be willing to back stab you just as fast.

Gacha and Pouches will be the death of the game sooner or later, and if it keep this up, don't expect the game to remain up and running for too much longer. To the idiots who keeps feeding the devil, and whine about not winning anything, here's a short sweet tip for you.


Just by my example alone, I have easily saved $200, if not, more. Because I can get it out of my system of trying the latest items, and have the feeling of "hey, I own that." I'm not spending as much as I would back in the day. I haven't broke the $1k mark, and not expecting to any month soon. Of course, making one is not something you'll do overnight. So, find one and join it first, play with it for a couple days, and if you like what they're doing, consider making your own.

I'm still making my own. Chaos probably won't like to hear this, but I'm using a lot of her work with the .iff files so I can get done faster.. A lot of hacking developers do not like to share information to others for no reason why other than all eyes can be on them, and not you. So, if you don't know what you're doing, tread lightly.

So, if you want to be part of the heard, and think you can break the bank and win a million rares, go right ahead. I feel GameRage is going to suck the field as much as they can in the next couple of months. And ultimately, that is what's going to break the game, and shut it down. So, if you don't want to whine, stop paying, and move on.... Three digit figures for a rare. Seriously people, shame on you. Get a life. I could win the lottery faster than you guys can win a rare. Anywho, have a great day people~

1 comment: