Saturday, July 28, 2012

London 2012 Summer Olympics



So, I'm a fan of the Olympics. Began watching pretty frequently kind of around Salt Lake City in 2002, but really got into it at Torino in 2006. I enjoy the Winter games more, since there's more variety. Summer, eh. There's diving, volleyball, and gymnastics. Other than that, I'll catch the other when I see them.

So, London manged to screw up so much at the opening which was really a let down. Seven people lighting the torch? The hell? The flame isn't above the stadium? Just.. no. Please, no. I rather have the Chinese bring out a fake singer again over this crap. But then Paul McCartney came out, and everything was sort of better.

The Queen was there, but I didn't catch that. Even if I did, I would have screamed she's a cyborg. Because honestly, that old timer has to be smuggling the fountain of youth somewhere. You can't be 87, and still have the energy to run a marathon. oi

So, volleyball is on right now. The United States against South Korea. Nothing special, but why the hell are they hugging each other every time they win? That seems rather cheesy.

Anyways. This may come as no surprise to any of you, but I'm not cheering for my own country; the United States. After all my harsh learning of our greed, politics, violence. I'd turn the other way if France decided to cheat. With that Sarah Johnson, and that Michael Phelpes. Screw off, get those people off my team. One is a bitch, and the other got caught for pot, and your still going to allow them to stay??? Bite me, I hope England kicks there ass.

But back on track. I'm favoring like Germany for the weights, maybe wrestling, naturally Brazil for soccer, United States for beach volleyball, either South Africa or Jamaica for track, France for diving, BECAUSE I SAID SO... either China, Japan, or N/S Korea for gymnastics, New Zealand for swimming, and for my friend Kyu, I'll favor the Philippians for boxing~

Anywho, from everyone... INCLUDING the Americans, who are participating in London, I wish them all.... ALL the best of luck. As for England, shame on you for messing up the Olympic traditions.

Until then, see you soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment